| Inactive But Want to Lose Weight
=> Hello. I am 14 years old and would love to lose about 20 pounds so I can be more confident with my body. Could you give me some tips on how to lose the extra weight while still being healthy. I am homeschooled so I'm sitting at the computer half the day and then too exhausted to do anything else for the other half. Any tips would be greatly appreciatted. Thank you for your time!
=> I am 14 and I weigh 270 pounds what should I do to lose weight
=> Is it normal to be 14 years old and weigh 210 or more and im 5`2 or 5`3. I want to loss weigh but were i live theres no parks,walking tracks and sometimes even neighbors to play with. My parnents keep complaining how i need to loss weight but when i tell them that theres nothing to do outside they both laugh at me like they don't beleive me. And when my dad goes to the store to buy food all he buys is junk food and get this he has diabices[were he can`t eat much sugar]sorry if my spelling is horrible
=> Im overweight im ll years old and weight 145 please help
=> I am 14, going into high school after summer break I'm over weight right now and at 150 pounds for my 5'10 heighth; However, I need to lose the extra fat that my body holds. What can I do to lose weight in a few months.? Thanks.
=> what things must i eat to lose weight
=> I am 14 and have been 'battling the weight' for about 4 years now. I had started losing the wight but I feel I have lost my motivation and have started craving sugary foods and crisps again!! What do you recommend I do?
REALITY CHECK! Losing weight requires that YOU EAT LESS CALORIES THAN YOUR BODY BURNS UP. In other words, in order to lose weight, you will need to eat less, be more active, or a combination of both. It's that simple. What is not so simple is resisting the high fat, high sugar foods, the large portion sizes, second helpings, frequent "junk food" snacks and soft drinks that you are used to.
WHAT YOU CAN DO:
1. Check out HOW DO I LOSE WEIGHT: A STEP BY STEP APPROACH It's filled with tips organized to help you lose weight. These are all things that YOU CAN DO AND THAT YOU CAN CONTROL.
2. RE-FUEL YOUR MOTIVATION. Here's help to get started on making your own motivation chart. Make a list of what you will need to do to reach each goal and plan to do something on your list EVERY DAY!!!!
3. ASK OTHERS FOR HELP. You’ll find they are very willing to support you in your weight lose journey if you just ask. Ask them to do fun things with you like go for bike rides or walks, play games or practice dance steps. YOU CAN DO IT!!!
GET STARTED TODAY AND SEE WHAT A DIFFERENCE YOU CAN MAKE!
| Lose Weight Then Regain - What To Do
=> I'm 16 and I weight 190 I am also 5'7. I always try but then end up losing a few pounds and regaining them. I don't know what to do, I do the treadmill everyday and look up to Taylor Swift as she is my role model.
=> I am 5"11 but I weight around 125 kg.My chest is 47 inches, and my body build up is good except from curvy sides. I am sick of being fat. I want to get slim but do not want to exercise, it'seems nothing like I cannot work hard but I am fed up now. I have tried loosing weight earlier also and I succeeded in it but after few months I was back to zero. Even more obese.. I really want to get slim, please help me..
=> I have tried everything and I maintain a healthy life-style, but nothing works. I am on a swim team, a soccer team, I count calories, I keep a journal, I have healthy meals... How can I lose the weight?
Ping-Ponging back and forth? If you've been trying to lose weight but it isn't working, it's time to RE-THINK your approach. Perhaps you are dieting or exercising but you aren't seeing any results. We may practice bursts of exercising or healthy eating several times a week but to be successful, one needs to work on weight loss EVERY DAY.
Often times when we fail, it's because we don't have a PLAN in place and we aren't consistent in our weight loss efforts. This doesn't mean dieting or exercising. Remember, losing weight is a long term commitment. Here are some helpful ideas:
1. First, take a STEP BY STEP APPROACH.
2. Second, make specific and measurable SHORT TERM GOALS.
Check out How Lucy Lost Weight for more ideas. Things like:
- Avoid Problem Foods
- Cut Down Food Portions
- Do Distracting Activities
- Get in Touch With Your Feelings
- Ask Your Friends For Help
Try some of these ideas. You are bound to be more successful!
| Barriers To Weight Loss: Physical Limitations, Procrastination, Lack of Motivation, Little Exercise
=> Im 13 and a bit overweight. I have chronic asthma and on a lot of medication which means i cant excersise to hard because i just end up being admitted to hospital! Its really annoying me! How do i loose weight quicker so i can excersise more and get healthier and smaller?? Help lucy!!
=> I am 15, 5'9", and 170llbs. I have a lot of muscle in my thighs because I danced for 8 years. I suffered a bad ankle injury that ruined my chance at dance and I have a birth defect in my knees. I wear a 14 in woman's pants. My mom knows I want to lose weight but continues to cook the bad foods. I play tennis and burn over 2000 calories a day and eat under 2000 calories a day. The weight just will not come off. My goal is to look good in a bikini by the summer time. Also, I don't eat junk food, fast food disgusts me, and I don't drink soda at all. What can I do?
=> hey i am 15 yrs old i want to be healthy since i am almost obese for my height but when i want to exercise i feel lazy and procastinate and tell my self i will do exercise when i become an adult but i know exercise are important every day for kids my age what should i do
=> I am 190lbs and 13 my family isn't supportive and call me fatto and tell me that I need to lose weight and I look ugly I have a exercise CD but my dad is always in the room with the player and doesn't let me exercise in front of him because he's reading and they still buy unhealthy foods h
=> i am 18 and i have tbi (Tramatic Brain Injury) i weigh to much and its hard for me to lose weight with my tbi
=> Im 13yrs and im overweight. Losing weight has become very hard for me because i live in nigeria and im in a boarding school,so i have no choice but to eat what im given and we have no sporting activities and over the years ive been growing fatter and fatter and all my mates are very thin and i feel intimidated by them and ive read a lot of articles before i found this site and everything it says is impossible for me to do please help me
=> I am 11 years old and am in 6th grade. I am 160 lbs. I want to lose weight really badly but don't want to pay for a weight loss plan. I want a menu, and a starter plan but cant find any. Help me please? I am desperate to lose weight. I have type one diabetes and I don't want to have weight issues in my adulthood/teen.
Sometimes, various barriers might interfere with our weight loss efforts. Physical limitations or obstacles to what food is available to us might make losing weight more difficult. We might procrastinate or simply not put any effort into trying. Whatever the reason, YOU CAN OVERCOME IT! But first, we might need to ask ourselves a few questions:
1. Why do I want to lose weight?
2. How did I become my current weight?
3. How committed and motivated am I to change my current lifestyle? Am I really READY TO CHANGE MY OLD HABITS? Am I willing to stop eating large amounts of all foods and stop eating all the junk food and soda I eat and drink?
4. How willing am I do to some kind of fun activity everyday?
5. What kind of support and encouragement do I have? Will my parents buy healthy food and keep junk food out of the house? Will they help me to do fun activities and avoid eating when I eat when I'm not even hungry? Will my friends support and encourage me?
Once you've answered these questions, check out
How Do I Lose Weight - A Step By Step Approach to help you evaluate your eating and exercise habits and help you keep a food and exercise diary. Then you can set some short term goals that are realistic and attainable. There are lots of ideas for fun activities to do and ideas on how to increase your motivation.
YOU CAN DO IT, YOU CAN BUST THOSE OLD HABITS!
| You Can Exercise Even With Limited Time
=> exercise during school time??
=> im 12 and weigh 170-175 pounds. I want to lose weight (about 50-70 pounds) in about 5 months. I want to lose fat while gaining muscles. I would prefer a lose plan that doesn't make me do the same thing every day and I have about a hour each day to exercise but no exercise equitment and I want it to be a surprise to my family
=> I just turned 15 years old and I am 210 lbs. I just recently went to the hospital for overweight hyperventilation and it is really hard to do a lot of exercise without losing breath. I have a 15-20 min walk from my school home. So if I walk to school and home from school both about 20 mins. Is that enough exercise for the day. I really need to lose weight so I can get back to what I love.... Swimming! Thank you.
=> i am 11 years old i weight 145 and kids have bully me and calling me(fatty ,hippo,elefent,ect.)i whant to lose weight but om so lazy i dont whant to do it my goal is to weight 100lb how can o get there by only exsersicing 30min a day i what to look good and be healthy PLEASE !!! Help my ido nt whant to be called (hipo,elefant,whale,ect........) PLEASE help me!!!!!!
=> how do i get myself to lose weight without any expensi diet and gym
Not enough time to exercise? WRONG! There is always time for 10-15 minutes here and there to exercise. Remember, exercise doesn't need to be done for a set amount of time to be beneficial, any amount helps. You can exercise ANYWHERE, you don't need a gym. You don't need a formal exercise program and you don't need special equipment. So, NO EXCUSES!!!
WHAT YOU CAN DO:
1. GET MOVING. The simple act of walking more can make a big difference in your weight and overall appearance. Gradually pick up the pace.
2. PLAN AHEAD. Take a look at your schedule and pick some times in advance to exercise.
3. MAKE A LIST OF ACTIVITIES YOU CAN DO IN 10-15 MINUTE TIME BLOCKS. Then do them when you have a few minutes!! For example:
- Dance to 2-3 of your favorite songs
- Ride your bike
- Walk up and down the stairs
- Run in place
- Vacuum your room
You'll be amazed at how much exercise you can sneak in with a few extra minutes here and there.
Here are some activity ideas to try:
- Cardio Exercise.
- Physical Fitness.
- Increased Physical Activity.
- Exercise For The Cold.
- Exercise When Your Busy.
- Exercise For Fun
Try to exercise EVERYDAY. If you do, you will notice body tone improvement everywhere. You'll also feel more energetic and feel more positive about your appearance in general. KEEP MOVING!!! IT LOOKS GOOD ON YOU!!
| How To Get Others To See Me As Something More Than A Fat Person
=> I'm very overweight, I'm pretty sure I'm obese. I'm 5 foot 7 and I just reached 400 lbs. I just found this website, so I'm really hoping it helps. But I hate being so fat. I can't walk up stairs in school, so I have a special pass to use the elevator and everyone knows it's because I'm fat. How do I get people to see me as more than a fat person? Because I know even if I start to lose weight, I'm goig to be overweight for awhile and I should adjust to it.
HAPPY! SAD! INDIFFERENT! Sometimes others don't see us for who we really are. They form false impressions about us from the way we might look or by the way we act. For example, they might think we are lazy or unmotivated because we are overweight. That is untrue, cruel and hurtful. I'm sure you have many wonderful qualities. When we feel bad or embarrassed about how we look or feel, we call that low self-esteem. It's common to feel self-conscious about ones weight when you are overweight. How do we get others to see the real me?
Here are some things you can do:
1. Build up your self esteem (self confidence). Try some of the self confidence tips and you will start to feel better about yourself. Start thinking POSITIVE and BELIEVE IN YOU! You will feel more confident about yourself and it will show! SMILE! Remember, a smile can be contagious! Smile some more!!
2. List qualities that you admire in yourself. YOUR FRIENDS LIKE YOU FOR YOUR QUALITIES, NOT BECAUSE YOU ARE THIN. You might be good at art or math, or a patient listener. You might be funny, caring, or honest. You might be kind or volunteer helping others. See! All qualities to celebrate, cheer and be happy about. And best of all, they are all a part of YOU!
3. Develop and take part in hobbies or shared interests with others. By developing a hobby or two, you'll become more interesting. By joining a club or hobby group, you will share special interests with others in the group. You will become friends with others with shared interests. Wow! That sounds fun.
4. BE A FRIEND. There is an old saying, "Be a Friend, Get a Friend!" Reach out to others. Compliment others, suggest they join you for a walk or activity. You will be amazed how well that works.
5. Take a look at the tips area, Healthy Weight School, and How Do I Lose Weight for lots of ideas. Then, make a plan and get started!
6. Get Lots of SUPPORT! Get support from all the kids on the site in the chatroom and from other kids on the pre-teen and teen bulletin boards.
7. Don't forget, every Wednesday "Lucy" is in the chat room to answer questions too!
| What Makes Up My Body Weight - Bones, Muscle, Fat??
=> Is it true if you're taller you have more weight? I'm 5'4 and weigh 113. My sister is 5'2 and weigh 114. Is it bones that make you heavier or fats?
=> My friends are not overweight, I eat just as much as they do. ( maybe a little more but not much) why am I gaining so much weight but they arent
=> I am 12 years old and I weigh 110 pounds. It's just my tummy is a little big and I do not feel very comfortable about my body sometimes. My mom said I will grow out of it but I'm not sure. Please help! Thank you
=> I am only 10 yrs but I haven't started puberty. My weight is 165 lbs. I want to be skinny like all the skinny girls. I exercise almost everyday. But I am not loosing weight. Help me!
=> will water help me lose or gain weigh because i have been drinking a ton of water. Anyways please write me back.
We all "wear" our weight differently. Each of our bodies are unique and are composed of varying amounts of water, protein, minerals, and fat. Our body fat is broken into two parts, essential fat and stored fat. Fat in the marrow of our bones, in the heart, lungs, liver, spleen, kidneys, intestines, and muscles is called essential fat and is necessary for normal bodily functioning (like temperature regulation and shock absorption). Essential fat is higher in women than in men.
Stored fat is located around internal organs and directly beneath the skin (subcutaneous fat) protecting our body and insulating to conserve body heat. The amount of subcutaneous fat and internal fat differ from one person to another. An increased level of stored fat results if we take in more calories than we put out. When stored fat accumulates in excessive amounts, we may become over fat or overweight.
WHEN YOU EAT MORE CALORIES THAN YOU BURN OFF, YOU GAIN WEIGHT. IF YOU EAT LESS CALORIES THAN YOU BURN OFF, YOU WILL LOSE WEIGHT. IT'S SIMPLE MATH! Check your weight on the weight calculator to see if you are in the healthy weight range. If not, check out A STEP BY STEP APPROACH TO WEIGHT LOSS to help you be successful in losing weight. Drink plenty of water each day, it's good for your body and good for your skin.
| Stretch Marks - How To Get Rid Of Them
=> How do I get rid of stretch marks on my body after losing weight?
=> I'm 13 and weigh 137 pounds and also have stretch marks should I be okay with my body or be brought down by that?
Stretch marks sometimes develop when the body expands faster than the skin can grow. This often occurs during rapid weight gain most commonly on the belly, under arms, sides of the body, thighs, buttocks and hips. A stretch mark is skin damage that may result in some scarring, but the marks usually fade over time.
Keeping your skin well hydrated by drinking plenty of water can help accomplish two things:
1) maintain skin elasticity and prevent or reduce further damage
2) help reduce your calorie intake because you feel full more often
It takes quite an excessive amount of calories to gain weight so rapidly that stretch marks appear. This may be a sign of emotional eating or a food addiction. Check tips on how to avoid problem foods to help with excessive eating.
| How Much Should I Weigh
=> I'm 12 and a girl How many how should I weigh almost 5 Feet
=> Im 12 years old, i weight about 115 pounds and im 5'2 or probably 5'3 now and some kids at school still weight in there 70's and 80's do i need to lose some weight? I don't know whats wrong i don't eat super unhealthy is it just part of growing up? Please help, thank you.
=> I am 11 years old. I am not overweight nor underweight, yet I need to lose weight! I'm probably the fattest out of all of my friends. Please help me I need to be skinny and have muscles such as having a 6-pack! Please help me I need to be skinny for pool parties! Thanks for your consideration!
=> If i'm 11 and 102 lbs, does it mean i'm fat?
=> I am a girl who just turned 13. I am 5'3 and 145lbs. I wear size 36B bra and I have a medium to large frame. My stomach isn't too large, but I do have love handles and a slight muffin top, and my thighs are large. Am I fat?
=> I am ten turning 11 in one month i am 5 feet and i weigh 120 pounds i really don't know how much i should weigh? I am the only one out of all my friends that is honest with my weight please help!
=> Is 96 lbs good for a 12 year old that is 5ft
"Am I Overweight?" CHECK YOUR WEIGHT on the weight calculator to see if you are in the healthy weight range. Your BMI (Body Mass Index) is a number that shows how your weight compares to your height (BMI = weight / height2). If your BMI is in the 85th to 94th percentile, you are considered overweight. If your BMI is in the 95th to 100th percentile, your are considered obese.
If your BMI is in the overweight or obese range and you want to lose weight, it would first be a good idea to see your health care provider to make sure you don't have any other health conditions that would interfere with a weight loss program. It is usually safe to lose 1-2 pounds a week. Take a look at the Healthy Weight School, How To Lose Weight and the weight loss tips area for lots of ideas and ways to help you lose weight. Everyone is unique, and everyone "wears their weight" differently, so don't compare yourself to others.
You can get lots of support from all the kids on the site in the chatroom and from other kids on the pre-teen and teen bulletin boards. And, don't forget, every Wednesday "Lucy" is in the chat room to answer questions too!
| Weight Loss Ideas
=> my problem with my body is that my doctor said I had to lose wight but I don't know how what do I do?
=> im 11 years old I need help too lose weight so far I weigh 42kg or 92lbs with a height of 139cm or 4'7feet when I sit down I have 1 big belly roll at the bottom of my belly and 2 medium belly rolls at the top of my belly PLEASE HELP ME
=> how do u start to lose weigh if you are over weigh
=> I am 14 and I weigh around 140.0 lbs i am around 5'6. I want to loose 10 pounds and even a little but more. I am very active and trying to eat very healthy!!!! I want to loose that/more before May or in the first 2 weeks of May. How long will this take do you think? Please help
=> How can I lose weight and where can I find a food diary my mother is to poor to afford one though
=> I'm 12 years old and I weigh 130 pounds, I really want to lose weight beside I want to be in shape so I can do sports easier and be in shape for this summer.what are some ways I can lose about 20 pounds in 3 or 4 months?
=> I'm 12 and 145 im not bullied and I have freinds, so I am lucky- but there's things I can't do and I don't wanna hold my freinds down. Any suggestions for dieting- I already excersise
=> I am a 10 year old girl weighing 175 pounds and my height is about 5 foot 4, how should i lose weight?
=> I have been trying to lose weight for a few years and it hasn't worked I am 11 stone in weight, 5ft 5inches in height and am 14 years old do you have any advice and idea of an ideal weight.
How do you lose weight? How do you even start? Congratulations on wanting to lose weight! That's the first step. Did you know that weight loss is often more successful if you approach it in an organized step by step manner. So, let's get started.
1. CHECK YOUR WEIGHT ON THE WEIGHT CALCULATOR. It's a good idea to determine what a healthy weight range is for you. If the calculator shows that you are in the overweight range, you may want to check with your health care provider to determine what would be a healthy amount of weight for you to lose.
2. MAKE A SHORT TERM WEIGHT LOSS GOAL. Think small! Usually, 1-2 pounds a week is a good weight loss goal. Remember, slow steady weight loss is lasting weight loss so make realistic goals. For example, 5-10 pounds. Then, once you reach that goal, make another goal. Breaking weight loss goals down in small amounts seems more attainable. Yeah! You Can Do It!
Check out AN ORGANIZED WEIGHT LOSS APPROACH to help you be successful with your weight loss. It is designed to be a step by step approach for you to follow. These are all things that YOU CAN DO AND THAT YOU CAN CONTROL.
Here are More Helpful Tools:
3. KEEP A FOOD DIARY. Write down EVERYTHING and HOW MUCH that you eat and drink each day for all snacks and meals. Come on, don't cheat! You might find that you are eating more than you realize. Keeping a food diary will help you recognize what and how much you are in fact eating. Review your food diary EVERY DAY. You will begin to see where you need to cut down. Even cutting down small amounts will help. (For example, cutting out one 16 ounce soda a day will result in about 25 pounds of weight loss a year!)
4. KEEP AN ACTIVITY DIARY. Write down all the activities and how long you do them EVERY DAY. Try to increase the kinds of healthy activity you do EVERY DAY! For example, walk up the stairs instead of taking elevators, walk to school, walk up hills instead of walking on flat areas, or ride a bike. Sometimes eating about the same but increasing ones activity level breaks the cycle and can get you on your way to losing weight.
5. DO FUN ACTIVITIES EVERY DAY. Fun Activities get your mind off of food and help burn calories.
MAKE IT FUN AND MIX IT UP!
| Diagnosing Metabolic Syndrome
=> How do doctors diagnose metabolic syndrome in teens and children?
Kids with metabolic syndrome have at least three of these risk factors:
1. Excessive belly fat - (waist measurement at or above 90th percentile for a child's age and sex)
2. High Blood Pressure - at or above the 90th percentile for a child's age and sex
3. Abnormal levels of blood fats (cholesterol and triglycerides)- low levels of good cholesterol (HDL) and high levels of bad cholesterol (LDL)
4. Hyperglycemia - High blood sugar
Metabolic Syndrome is occurring in younger children due to rising obesity in children and teens. Some studies suggest that nearly one in ten teens and over a third of obese teens have metabolic syndrome. If left untreated, major changes such as arteriosclerosis (hardening of the arteries), poor kidney function, insulin resistance, polycystic ovarian syndrome in girls and acanthosis nigrican (a skin disorder commonly causing dark patches around the neck, armpits and groin) can occur.
What you can do to lessen your chances of developing metabolic syndrome:
1. Drop excess weight. Losing weight can improve your blood pressure and blood fat levels.
2. Get more exercise.
3. Eat smaller food amounts and avoid empty calorie foods like sweets and fatty fast foods.
4. Don't smoke.