Meal One: Baked Chicken With Seasonal Fruit
(This makes TWO different meals)
2 boneless chicken breasts
1 peach, nectarine or 2 apricots
1 lemon or lemon juice
(Total preparation to serving time 50-60 minutes)
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Remove skin from chicken. Place chicken breasts in 9x9 baking pan.
3. Cut up fruit and place on top of breasts.
4. Sprinkle with juice of one lemon or 2-3 Tablespoons of lemon juice.
5. Sprinkle with black pepper.
6. Cover with aluminum foil.
7. Bake at 425 degrees for about 45 minutes until done.
1. Serve one chicken breast covered with fruit on a colorful plate. You can save the other chicken breast for a second meal, or you can use it for our Baked Chicken Salad Recipe.
2. Spoon some of the pan juices over the chicken.
3. Serve with brown rice mixed with left-over veggies.
1. If cooking brown rice, start the rice at the same time you put the chicken in the oven as it takes about 40-45 minutes to cook. Tip: You can put the chicken in the oven and simmer the rice and go out for a walk or do some other fun activity while your meal cooks itself!
2. By serving your meal on a salad plate rather than a larger dinner plate it will seem like you are eating more food than you actually are.
3. A little bit of lemon juice brings out the flavor of the food you sprinkle it on. Enjoy!
Congratulations on eating healthy!!
Send your comments or suggestions to What's Cookin at:
Click Here to Go Back to School Area