=> I'm bullied at school because I'm fat. I'm only ten how can I lose weight
Bullying is wrong. It hurts and can make one feel sad, lonely, scared and even afraid to go to school. We all need to recognize bullying and do something about it. If you are being bullied, here are some things you can do right away:
1. Avoid them. Try to stay away from them. That strips them of the fun they get from bullying.
2. Don’t react and don’t show your feelings. If you encounter a bully, ignore him/her or act like you don’t care. Don’t get angry or show that you are upset. Hold your head up high, walk away and get to a safe place. Learn more on how to deal with bullies to build up your confidence. Check out the library or type in "bullying" in your search engine such as Google for more information on how to deal with bullies.
3. Don’t do what they want you to do. Say “NO!" If you stick up for yourself, bullies usually leave you alone.
4. Get a buddy. Plan ahead and walk with a friend whenever you think you might encounter the bully.
5. Tell an adult like a school teacher or parent. Let them know what is happening to you. Bullying is wrong and IF WE ALL SPEAK UP WHEN WE SEE IT, WE CAN STOP IT!
6. Work on building up your self esteem. You will feel more confident about yourself and it will show. That will have the bully looking elsewhere! Start believing in YOU! You are unique. Arm yourself with more information about building your Self Esteem and start thinking positive. Try some of the self confidence tips and you will start to feel better about who you are now. It will also help you to stand up to bullies.
Make a list of a few of the qualities that you admire in yourself. Your friends like you for your qualities, not because you are thin. You might be good at art or math, or a patient listener. You might be funny, caring, honest, nice to others. See!
Be honest with friends and parents and ask them for help in losing weight. You’ll be amazed at how willing they are to support you if you just ask. If you are ready to lose weight, your friends would probably love to help you. Ask them to do fun things with you like go for bike rides or walks, play games or practice dance steps. Here are more ways you can ask your friends for help. YOU CAN DO IT!!!
Am I Overweight
=> I'm 11 years old and 113lbs. Am I overweight? If so how do I lose weight easily
=> (Boy) I am 10 years old and im 105 kg and i want to be at least 70 pounds can you please help me, any advice and weight loss strategies I talked to my doctor he says i need to loose but i dont know how. Any advice would be greatly appriciated. Thanks
=> Hello, I am a swimmer. I have got pear shaped body so its very good and healthy. Am I obese or owerweight? There are my percentiles :
BMI Percentile : 75-90th ( 21.3 = 162 cm and 56 kg )
Waist Circumference Percentile : 10-25th ( 62,8 cm )
Body Fat Percentile : 10-25th ( %12,5 )
Waist To Height Percentile : 10-25th ( 0.39 )
So my mother says you are in IDEAL WEIGHT and my father says you are slim get 4-5 kilograms.
I have got flat stomach. Am I overweight ? Thank you.
=> iam 12 years old and i weigh 51kg and i am not sure if i am over weight.how can i loose weight?
=> I think I am over weight I am 94 pounds and some people in my class are 65. Am I over weight please tell the truth.
We are often asked the question, "Am I Overweight?" CHECK YOUR WEIGHT on the weight calculator to see if you are in the healthy weight range. Your BMI (Body Mass Index) is a number that shows how your weight compares to your height (BMI = weight / height2). If your BMI is in the 85th to 94th percentile, you are considered overweight. If your BMI is in the 95th to 100th percentile, your are considered obese.
If your BMI is in the overweight or obese range and you want to lose weight, it would first be a good idea to see your health care provider to make sure you don't have any other health conditions that would interfere with a weight loss program. Take a look at the Healthy Weight School, How To Lose Weight and the weight loss tips area for lots of ideas. Then, make a plan and get started!
You can get lots of support from all the kids on the site in the chatroom and from other kids on the pre-teen and teen bulletin boards. And, don't forget, every Wednesday "Lucy" is in the chat room to answer questions too!
Losing Weight In Secret
=> I am 14 and weigh 176 lbs. I want to lose 50 lbs fast and easy without it being noticeable to family and friends that I am trying. How can I do this in like 4 months??
=> How can I lose weight without it being obvious I'm trying to lose weight? I'm not exactly fat but I'm not skinny. I just want to be healthy on the lower side.
=> I want to lose weight without my mom knowing and I want to be skinny
It's difficult to answer your question without knowing your age, current weight or how much you want to lose. Generally, being a healthy weight should be our goal. It's unrealistic to want to be skinny and probably unhealthy as well.
If the calculator shows that you are overweight, show those results to your parent. Try talking to your mom. You will probably be glad you did! If you feel more comfortable with someone else, ask another adult, your school nurse or doctor to discuss your weight with you and your parent and discuss the best weight loss strategy. Sometimes your parents just need an adult in the medical profession to talk to them about your health situation before they become convinced that they should support your desire to attain a healthy weight level. You can show them the Parent's Area for more information about weight issues.
Get support from other kids on the site too! The chatroom, pre-teen and teen bulletin boards are great sources of help and information. You can interact with other kids and teens and read how they conquer their struggles with their weight. You may also be able to find a weight loss buddy to help motivate or support you with your weight loss efforts. Don't forget, every Wednesday "Lucy" is in the chat room to answer questions too!
Let us know what you decide! Good luck!
Am I Overweight - Healthy Weight Range and What It Means
=> I am 12 years old and I weigh 90 pounds. I am 4 ft 10. I think I am really fat and need help to lose weight but everyone says I am small. Am I overweight? Any tips to lose weight my goal is 80 pounds by summer is it reasonable?
=> am i overweight i weigh 160 am a female am am 5foot5
=> am 17yrs old...i weigh 90kg..and am also doing alot of exercises..does that means that am obese
=> I am 13 and am quite tall and weigh about 162lbs am i overweight
=> I am 12 and I weigh 131 pounds have any tips
To determine if you are a healthy weight range, overweight or obese use the weight calculator on our site. The calculator is designed for kids ages 2 through 20 and shows a healthy weight range based on your age, gender, weight and height. The healthy weight range is wide enough that it includes all body types.
Your BMI percentile shows how you compare to everybody else. For example, if you are 80th percentile that means you are heavier than 80 out of 100 kids your age and sex. Again, the age range for our calculator is 2 - 20 years, and for this age range, BMI percentiles can be interpreted as follows:
• BMI 1st to 4th percentile: Underweight*
• BMI 5th to 84th percentile: Healthy Weight*
• BMI 85th to 94th percentile: Overweight*
• BMI 94th to 100th percentile: Obese*
*Weight recommendations by the CDC (Center for Disease Control)
If after checking your weight calculations and you decide that you want to lose weight, visit the Healthy Weight School, How To Lose Weight and the weight loss tips area for lots of ideas. Get support from all the kids on the site in the chatroom and from other kids on the pre-teen and teen bulletin boards. And, don't forget, every Wednesday "Lucy" is in the chat room to answer questions too!
How To Lose A Large Amount of Weight Safely
=> how can i lose weight fast? ive already lost 5lbs but i think i am gaining them back. i work out on the treadmill for 15min. i want to lose enough weight so i can go to justice and get new clothes. PLEASE HELP ME LOSE AT LEAST 100LBS!
First things first.
1. CHECK YOUR WEIGHT on the weight calculator to see if you are in the healthy weight range. If you are overweight or obese, you will want to check in with your health care provider before beginning any weight loss program. They will help you determine how much and at what rate it is safe for you to lose. Usually, 1-2 pounds a week is a safe weight loss range depending on your age, current weight, and weight loss goals.
2. HAVE A SERIOUS TALK WITH YOURSELF. Take out a notebook and really think about the answers to these questions before you write them down:
- WHY DO I WANT TO LOSE WEIGHT? To get cute clothes or to have a healthy lifestyle?
- HOW DID I BECOME MY CURRENT WEIGHT?
- HOW COMMITTED AM I TO CHANGING MY CURRENT LIFESTYLE? This means that you will need to stop eating junk food and soda and start exercising every day.
- WHAT KIND OF SUPPORT AND ENCOURAGEMENT DO I HAVE to help me with my weight loss goals? Will my parents buy healthy food and keep junk food out of the house and help me to do exercise or fun activities? Will my friends support and encourage me?
3. TAKE INVENTORY OF YOURSELF AND YOUR EATING HABITS.
- WHAT KIND AND HOW MUCH FOOD DO I EAT EVERYDAY? Keep a food diary for 3-4 days to see what you are eating. Be honest.
- HOW OFTEN AND WHEN DO I EAT? Do I eat when I'm hungry, or when I am sad, depressed, stressed or other reasons? Describe the situations when you tend to eat. Write down how you are feeling and what and how much you eat at those times. This will help you figure out your emotions and what distracting things you can do instead of eat when they occur.
- WHAT AND HOW MUCH EXERCISE OR FUN ACTIVITIES DO I DO EVERYDAY? Write down your usual daily routine for 3-4 days. What exercise or activity do you do?
- WHAT ACTIVITY OR EXERCISE WOULD I LIKE TRY? Write down all the things you'd like to try.
4. SET REALISTIC SHORT TERM GOALS. The desire to lose 100 pounds is a great undertaking. You will be more successful if you start with a short term goal, say 10 or 15 pounds. Then, once you reach that goal, set another short term goal. Success builds success! MAKE A LIST OF EACH GOAL. Then, MAKE A PLAN FOR EACH GOAL. For example:
GOAL: Lose 5 pounds.
PLAN: No sodas or candy. Walk 1/2 mile every day. Then,
PROGRESS: Did I follow my plan? If you did, keep doing the plan. Then, add to your plan. For example: No sodas or candy and cut my dinner portions by 1/2. Increase my walking to 1 mile. Keep repeating this for each goal. If you didn't follow your plan, don't beat yourself up. Just start each day new and try again.
5. HOW WILL I MAINTAIN MY WEIGHT LOSS? Think about how to keep your goals. Am I willing to give up food for pleasure? What things can I do to replace eating for pleasure in my life? This requires a long term commitment to a healthy lifestyle. It gets easier the longer you practice your goals. So, keep following your goals step by step. Soon you will be living your new healthy you! Keep working at it. YOU CAN DO IT!
Plus Size Shopping - Great Places To Check Out
=> There are no stores with plus sizes that have cute clothes that I know of. Can you suggest some?
The online clothing industry is finally making great styles in plus size fashions if you know where to look! Type in "teen plus size clothing" in your search engine (like Google) for trendy clothing online shopping. Check out Big Girl in a Skinny World: Plus Size Fashion for Teens for more online store suggestions.
Colors, patterns, and fabric choices can made you look pounds lighter. And, the right use of scarfs and bangles can accentuate all your positive features. Check out How To Dress To Look Your Best for many more ideas and stylish tips. Let us know what works the best for you. Happy Shopping!!!
Self-Conscious About Weight - What Can I Do
=> I'm an 11(12 in a few months) year old girl, and I weigh more than my friends. I am not overweight, but I'm almost. I don't want to become overweight!!! People judge other girls in my grade... it's really mean. I don't know how to loose weight! My legs jiggle and I don't feel comfortable in my own body. Please help me by telling me what I should do... I just want to be thin. I want to be really small and cute. Hopefully down a dress size or two... please help me
=> I want to be a dancer i am eleven i weigh around 100 pounds i want t lose it howcan
=> 4"11 98lbs boy with the fat thighs, layer of fat and a big butt. Ok my bmi says I'm healthy I get teased by my friends because I'm short and fat one of my friends is 5"5 and weighs as much as me and another friend is 5"7 and only weighs 102 help me get like them
=> I'm very self-concious and get uncomfortable when my friends start talking about there weight. They're twigs compared to me. How can I 20-30 pounds from a minimum of one month to five months?
=> Isn't it embarrassing to be fat.
=> how do u get rid of weight in thighs and get rid of acne plzzz tellll meee im 11
Whoa! There's a lot of self-doubt, embarrassment and low self-esteem going around these days! When we feel bad or embarrassed about how we look, we call that low self-esteem. Here are some things you can do to feel better about yourself:
1. Make a problem list. Write down the things you think are problems like fat thighs, big butt, acne, being overweight, too shy, embarrassed about weight, whatever your problems might be.
2. Write down a goal for each one. Set small goals first so you can accomplish them. A goal can be something you can do to make the problem better. For example:
Problem - Embarrassed about weight;
Goal - Loose 5 pounds in 1 month;
3. Write down a plan and what you will do to reach your short term goal. For example:
Problem - Embarrassed about weight;
Goal - Loose 5 pounds in 1 month;
Plan - Walk 30 minutes EVERYDAY. Cut down portion sizes of all foods I eat. Keep a activity and food diary. Check walking diary and food diary in ONE WEEK. If you check the status of your goals frequently, you are more apt to reach them.
Usually, if you can write down your problem, you can come up with a plan. Don't forget, Be sure to check in on yourself frequently to see how you are doing with your goal.
Remember, safe weight loss is lasting weight loss so make realistic goals. That way you are sure to reach them. Once you build up your self-confidence and have set up a plan to attack your problem, don't forget to seek help from friends. They are more often than not wanting to help you succeed and can offer you tons of support and encouragement.
Am I Overweight - Fears of Being Overweight and What To Do About It
=> I'm 11 years old and 113lbs. Am I overweight? If so how do I lose weight easily
=> Hello. I have just turned 12 and I am worried about my weight. I am 5'8 (I have always been tall) and I weigh about 14 stone! I know it is an awful lot to weigh, but the problem is, I look like I weigh about 9 stone. My dad is always pressuring me to go running, but I hate running. I don't know why, but I just don't enjoy it, however I enjoy other exercise like cycling and swimming, but my dad says there is no point in those excersises as they will not cause me to lose any weight. What should I do?
=> I'm wondering what weight plan would work for me if I'm 11 years old and 4ft 9 inches and 117lbs I'm really insecure about my weight and feel like nobody in the world is obese but me and I feel like I have no friends my mom tells me I don't try losing weight but I have gym for 45minutes a day?
Reality Check #1: There is no healthy quick and easy weight loss plan. Quick weight loss gimmicks are not realistic or healthy. If you really want to lose weight and keep it off, first check the weight calculator to find your healthy weight range and then decide to commit to weight loss as a lifestyle change. Think healthy eating and moderate exercise EVERYDAY FOR LIFE.
Reality Check #2: Exercise in and of it self won't make you lose weight. But, exercise done in combination with reducing the amount of junk food, eating less food amounts than you are right now, and not eating when you aren't hungry will help you to shed some pounds. Look at the picture below: calories consumed and energy output. When you eat more calories than you put out, you gain weight. On the other hand, if you eat less calories than you put out, you will lose weight. It's simple math! Make exercise a daily habit.
Reality Check #3: YOU need motivation to lose weight. No one else can lose it for you!
If you lack motivation, here's help to find some. Get started on making your own motivation chart. If you are overweight and want to make a change, learn How to Lose Weight and find other tips in the Healthy Weight School. Get support from all the kids on the site in the chatroom and from other kids on the pre-teen and teen bulletin boards. Don't forget, every Wednesday "Lucy" is in the chat room to answer questions too!
Losing weight can be fun when we do it together!!!
Is It Bad To Be The Weight I Am - I'm The Heaviest
=> im the youngest in my my class of 31 but im the heaviest at 152 is that bad?
=> im 13, im 6.6 or 6.5 stone and my height is 4ft 11 is that bad
You can use the weight calculator on the home page of this site to help determine if you are overweight. The weight calculator shows a healthy weight range based on your age, gender, weight and height. The calculator determines the healthy weight range for all body types; small, medium, or large and is designed for kids ages 2 through 20.
You ask if it is bad to be the heaviest in your class or bad to be the weight you are. Only you can determine that. But, if you decide you want to do something about your weight, you can visit our Healthy Weight School to learn more, especially the section on How Do I Lose Weight.
Avoiding Binging - How to Stay Healthy
=> Hi Lucy! I'm Treasure and I'm also 12! Here's my problem..... Right now I'm not fat but I'm out of shape. I feel like I'm on the path of fatness and ill be fat soon if I don't stop this binging. I exercise everyday and I go to the gym every week. You have any tips on how i could possibly blast some pounds?
By the way, I'm 127lbs.
Binge eating is a type of eating disorder most often caused by stress. A binge is when a person feels out of control (often due to some stress in their life) and uses eating a large amount of food at one time for comfort. They feel better for a short time after eating, but then feel worse about themselves later. They turn to food to feel better again, and the cycle repeats. Click here for a video about a girl who binged.
WHAT YOU CAN DO TO STOP: Dealing with the source of the stress and problems that prompt you to binge eat, will help to reduce and hopefully eliminate binge eating episodes. It can be helpful to learn to recognize what your triggers are. Once you recognize your triggers, you can develop a plan ahead of time for what you can do instead of binge. Write your problems down on a piece of paper with a plan for each problem. For example: Do a distracting activity or call a friend for support when I am stressed about my homework.
Binging is treatable, and there are many resources available. Talking with your health care provider or a specially trained counselor about your binging problem can help you stop. You can also find other kids who care in the chatroom and you can get good ideas from other kids on the pre-teen and teen bulletin boards. Don't forget, every Wednesday "Lucy" is in the chat room to answer questions too!
Other things you can do to help reduce or stop binge eating:
1. Don’t Skip Meals.
2. Eat Balanced Meals. Include plenty of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, protein, and calcium.
3. Learn to cope with stress without using food. Squeezing your hands together tight; slow deep breathing; and, relaxing are other ways to relieve stress.
Don't feel alone, others are here to help support you!