Fruit: The Original
suggests we eat a combination of 9 to 13 servings of fruit and vegetables per
day. With all of the foods we are told NOT to eat to lose weight, keep in my
mind the foods we should eat MORE of...fruits!
Fruits are important to eat because they are backed with lots of vitamins,
minerals, fiber, and other fantastic nutrients that keep us healthy. Also, they
are really low in calories. Eating more foods that are low in calories can help
us feel full while losing weight!
Here are some ways to
include more fruits in your day:
* Eat fruit as snacks everyday. This will give you energy to get through the
* Always pick a fruit if you buy lunch at school. Pick the fruit instead of
other side items like fries and chips.
* If you are running late in the morning, grab a banana or apple. No spoons or
forks needed. They even come in their own edible packaging! They are the
original fast food!
* Pick a new fruit to buy and try every week. Ever try jicama? or an Asian
pear? Experiment with fruits and you will experience new flavors!
* For dessert, chop up some strawberries or other berries with a couple of
tablespoons low calorie whip cream. Yum!
* Eat the fruit instead of drinking the juice. You will feel fuller and get
*When fruit is hard to come by, get fruits canned in their own juice. One to try is Dole's pineapple
found in clear plastic containers.
this a healthy week!
here for past week's tips)